You can be a better guide than any map or navigation system. Optum is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders within the health care system. Optum brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance, elite teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
We are investing significantly in new capabilities to design, develop and deliver better solutions, especially those for consumers. We are seeking people with proven experience conceptualizing, defining and delivering consumer-facing solutions [services as products] delivered via digital means [web, mobile, social, email, new technologies].
As part of the Experience Design team, the User Experience team represents the voice of the consumer in creating and optimizing digital consumer experiences across Optum's suite of digital products with consideration for the broader omnichannel experience.
The Senior UX/UI Designer focuses on detailed visual and interaction design while considering all aspects of the user experience including; information architecture, heuristic analysis and UX research for the Optum consumer-facing digital prototype experiences. In this role you will deliver against a large portfolio of initiatives, ensuring they meet defined business and experience objectives, and are useful, easy to use and enjoyable to Optum consumers.
- Leads teams deliverables related to the visual aspect of the Optum digital consumer experience from ideation to prototype, including design frameworks, conceptual design, wireframes, interaction design, visual design, design specifications and research
- Distill broad experience vision and principles into design opportunities and strategies to solve
- Translates abstract concepts and problems into simple, elegant, and innovative designs expressed in sketches, diagrams, and rapid prototypes for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices
- Advocate for innovative, consumer-centric and consistent experiences through the prototypes designed. Having a deep understanding of our products within the many channels we influence; Online, Mobile, Telephonic, Social, In-person, Email, Mail, etc. and seeing how they fit together to create the best experience for our consumers
- Work collaboratively with the experience design team to understand key user needs and business goals, ideate new concepts that meet the needs of both users and the business while stretching our creativity
- Ability to seek, analyze, apply and advocate based on consumer insights (user data, analytics and requirements, etc.) to inform and shape digital consumer experiences through the entire suite of products both for Optum's consumers as well as Optum's users (e.g. nurses and wellness coaches)
- Develop and provide successful strategic and tactical design recommendations based on technical feasibility, usability findings and standard design practices
- Work collaboratively with development and accessibility teams to understand constraints and identify opportunities to modernize our product design for consumers
- Willingness to constructively challenge current thinking across the enterprise, pushing boundaries and driving change that will deliver exceptional user - centric experiences
- Drives and evangelizes Design thought leadership in the organization
- Speed is Life mentality coupled with drive for innovation and testing
- Mentors and develops talent within the organization
- College degree or equivalent work experience required in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, and / or equivalent degree or experience
- Exceptional design talents and a portfolio that evidences stylistic breadth that demonstrates sensitivity to diverse subject matter, design targets and media (web / mobile / brand)
- 4+ years relevant work experience in digital consumer product design field
- Proficiency in design tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, Sketch, Invision, among others)
- Requires strong and flexible skills in visual design, illustration, interactive design, iconography, typography, photography, motion design and familiarity with frontend technologies
- Working knowledge of HTML, understanding how comps translate to code, and the ability to use prototyping tools to convey design intent
- Portfolio demonstrating cross-channel expertise and skill in creating user-centric digital experiences online and mobile
- Has strong presentation skills and the ability to interact with and win support from team members and at varying levels cross - company
- Superb information design abilities, fastidious and efficient production and optimization habits, and impeccable problem solving skills
- Strong digital experience capability and command of usability and design principles, and digital channel / product best practices
- Experience in the consumer facing copywriting / editing field
- Self-motivation, excellent communication, an open mind, the ability to thrive in multidisciplinary teams, and the skills to balance great design with short deadlines
- Human-centered design proficiency
- Exhibits a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness and works well with ambiguity
- Experience in using A / B and Multi-variate testing information and analytics to identify improvements and continually optimize based on data and defined success measures
- Experience working with complex, enterprise-level user-facing and internal systems, including CMS, commerce, device integration, search and social
- Deep passion for digital products and channels, constantly keeping abreast of latest trends, best practices and competitive activity
- A fearless and positive attitude
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: User Experience, UX, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota